Friday, August 15, 2008

a pictorial tour of my time in uganda

Just wanted to share a few (of the many) pictures I have from Uganda with some helpful captions ;) At the moment videos aren't uploading on my slow (and "borrowed") internet so those will have to wait I guess.


A couple of the boys getting water from the only source for the entire orphanage -- this tap.

The kids are super excited because Dan & Deb (2 of the other volunteers) bought the remaining mattresses that STAO needed so that each child could have one of their own.

These are the kids at the displacement camp we went to that literally followed Deb & I around the ENTIRE time.

The kids LOVE LOVE LOVE dancing.


This is the kids attempting to teach me how to dance and me finding out I have Mzungu (white girl) rhythm.

This is pretty much what happened every time you tried to take a picture....lots of excitement and hands in the camera :)

Asanat....love this girl...she taught me lots of Lugandan

Me with the other volunteers at the Nile: (R to L) Dan, Zech, me and then Deb in front


Cute! That's all I have to say...

Pastor Nelson and Deb doing laundry the Ugandan way


Hope you guys enjoy now that I'm officially back on the blogging train :)

No comments: