Tuesday, March 3, 2009

better off in bed

Have you ever had one of those days where you should have just stayed in bed? Yesterday was one of those days for me. It all started when, instead of the alarm on my phone going off, the phone froze at the time the alarm should have been going off and Jamie woke up a half-hour late for work. The day starting off on the wrong foot before we even woke up should have been my first clue not to get out of bed. But instead, I got up and went to class. To make a long story (and day) short, I ended up hitting a truck in the parking lot at the hospital on my way from class to meet a friend for lunch -- in Jamie's truck. Mind you, this is my second accident in a eight days, the first being a slide on black ice into a guardrail in my car. This after a lifetime of very little trouble in the way of cars. God must be teaching me something, although I'm not 100% sure what yet. Maybe a little clue from my Bible reading yesterday though:

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." James 1:2-4

Prayers appreciated that the damage won't be too expensive and that I can find joy even in a Monday were I spent a significant portion of the day crying.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

I know you don't realize it now, but it won't be too many years before you have forgotten all about the expense of this accident. My neighbor ran into my car about 10 years ago, and I was in the process of switching insurance companies, so I didn't have any for 3 days. Even though it was his fault, I had to pay. It was so stressful, and I thought the very worst would happen, etc., but I can't even remember how much it cost me now...and I was a really poor college student at the time...like REALLY poor!

Also easier said than done, but I try to focus on what I do have (i.e. that we have two vehicles to drive, rather than the fact that they are both crap, leaking oil and/or anti-freeze :/). Jamie is unemployed, but we have learned a lot about how minimally we can live now, etc. I'm thankful that you are seeking the lesson God has for you in this, even though it may not be so clear right now.

Praying for you!

T@R@ said...

I am definitely thankful for what we do have. I don't think I would have been half as upset if it would have been my vehicle, but Jamie was totally sweet about it and not upset at all so that just affirmed what a wonderful husband I have :)

Lauren said...

This may not make you feel any better, but you know that verse that talks about how the comfort we receive in our trials can be used to comfort others? Maybe that's another thing God is doing to you and to Daryl because he's hit two cars in the past 3 months! Haha. Oh the joys. One of the things Daryl said when we were talking about the most likely raise in our insurance rate was that it's all God's money anyways. Simple statement but one I often forget. Anyways, so sorry that happened to you. Love you!