Monday, January 3, 2011

Merry Christmas

So maybe I'm a little behind at blogging about Christmas but the last month or so has been a blur of traveling so cut me a little slack.  Christmas was no exception in the traveling blur but it was truly a great holiday for us.  Jamie and I were blessed to be able to spend time with both of our families -- we celebrated with his family on Christmas Eve and my family on Christmas Day.  Here are a few pictures from the festivities:

Jamie and I exchange ornaments every year and these are ours from this year

Jamie opening his WVU throw from his mom

The kids opening gifts at Jamie's mom's house -- the one facing the camera is our super cute nephew, Dylan

Jamie helping my (also super cute) grandpa open his gifts


Jamie modeling his new coat from my parents (technically an early birthday gift)

Jamie modeling the scarf Tiff made him


Me opening my Wonder Woman shirt from my parents...in case you didn't know, Wonder Woman has been one of my favorites since I was a kid...I used to wear my mom's bracelets around and pretend to be her.

Jamie opening his Keurig...he was so excited!


Jamie with the new coat hanger/picture frame that my parents got us...can't wait to hang it!

Even though the gifts aren't the point of Christmas, I am thankful for all the wonderful things we received and the generosity of both of our families.  I also love the tradition that we have with my sisters and brother-in-law  to get each other gifts that don't cost anything.  It's always fun to see what creative things they come up with and I got lots of fun handmade gifts out of the process.  And even though Jamie and I aren't supposed to get each other gifts (other than ornaments), Jamie got me a new phone for Christmas.  I am now the proud owner of an HTC Evo and I love it!

I hope your Christmas was as good as ours and that in the midst of all the chaos you were able to reflect on and celebrate our Savior, the real reason for the holiday.

No comments: