Thursday, April 28, 2011

getting crafty

Things have been tight for us financially lately, mostly due to some unexpected expenses that all hit us at once as well as the expense of selling our house and moving.  So when gift giving (and usually money spending) occasions come up, my new motto is "when money gets tight, I get crafty." ;)  I actually love making gifts for other people.  I think it adds a personal touch and it's lots of fun.  Hopefully, people enjoy receiving my handmade gifts as much as I enjoy making them.  Last night, I made this purse for a friend's birthday: 



You can find the pattern here if you are interested in making your own.  I made a few modifications to the original pattern, including making it bigger.  I'm the type of person who carries pretty much everything in my purse so tiny purses just don't work for me, but the original pattern size does make a cute clutch. 

Does anyone else out there like to make gifts? If so, what are your favorite handmade gift ideas?

Happy crafting!

2 comments:

Ash said...

wow, you are so talented!! You are officially invited to my birthday party in October. ;)

Ashley said...

That purse is gorgeous! Homemade gifts are the best to give...and receive!