Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Happy (late) Birthday Jamie!

This past weekend, Jamie and I were able to travel to Phoenix (with free airline tickets thanks to Capital One!) for his 29th birthday and the Rock n' Roll Marathon and Half-Marathon. Whereas if it were my birthday, I would have chosen to relax at a bed and breakfast or beach somewhere, Jamie decided that for his birthday he wanted to run a marathon. So on Sunday, I ran the half-marathon and he ran the full. Here are some before and after pics from the race:
Jamie & I pre-race

Post-race and still smiling with our finisher medals on

Jamie WAY post-race....looking pretty tired, but he might just be in a sugar coma from the cookie and ice cream dessert we had from room service for his birthday ;)

I am so proud of Jamie for completing his 2nd marathon and for even wanting to run another one after the first (I am still not convinced to do another full anytime in the near future). Other than the pain of the actual race, we had a great time! It was nice to get away together for a while and especially nice to go from a temperature of -7 when we left Pittsburgh to 79 in Phoenix :) We did miss this little guy (although aunt Tiff did a great job of taking care of him despite his unruly behavior):


And if you didn't notice from the pics above, Jamie got me a new digital camera also! (guess I get gifts for his birthday too...ha) I love my SLR but it is nice to have a more portable camera as well. I'm sure you will be seeing lots more pics from both cameras in the future :)

One last note: Jamie and I got engaged a year ago today...Just shows you how much can happen in a year!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Whatta difference a year makes for sure! I can't wait until this time NEXT year, when you guys have a baby. Ha! I'm just going to keep saying it, until it happens ;)

Congratulations on finishing the race, and happy belated birthday to your hubby :)

P.S. 11 days!