Friday, June 5, 2009

a gift from God (in the form of chocolate, raisins and friendship)

Don't you just love when God knows exactly what you need when you need it? For the last several weeks, I have been feeling really lonely and left out. Maybe it is because I have been a studying hermit lately, but it seems like I have been missing out on a lot. The biggest void that I have been feeling is in close female relationships. I am blessed to have friends all over the world (doing amazing things for God I might add!) but the lack of the physical closeness of my girl friends is sorely felt at times. And despite having an amazing community group, I have found it hard to cultivate the same type of close female friendships and most of my efforts have felt very one-sided. In short, I was in need of some encouragement.

Enter Sarah.

As I was studying tonight at Panera, she brought me this study "care package" (complete with chocolate, caffeine and raisins and the scientific evidence to prove they would help my studying ;)) :


It was such a bright spot in my day....let's be honest - in the last couple weeks! I think I just needed a reminder that I wasn't forgotten - by others or God. I love that God allows us to partner with Him to bring encouragement to others and I am thankful that He saw fit to bless me today when I needed it most.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

You are blessed because you are such a blessing and encouragement to others. I get excited at the thought of seeing you sometime in the next six months! Hope we can work it out :)