Tuesday, June 30, 2009

jamaica

A couple weeks ago, Jamie and I went on our 2nd trip to Jamaica (the 1st being our honeymoon). This trip came on the heels of finishing 2nd year of med school and Step 1 (the first part of my boards) and on the cusp of beginning 3rd year, which is basically me paying to work in the hospital. I'm not sure either Jamie or I realized how much we needed this vacation until we were actually on it. We both knew we needed some relaxation and a break from the hectic-ness of our lives lately but we didn't know how much we needed that time to unplug, get away and reconnect in our marriage. We try to make time for a date night once a week but somehow those tend to turn into us going out to dinner and talking about all the things we need to get done and then running errands. This trip definitely taught us that we need to make more time for actual connection even in our busy day to day. It was an awesome vacation spent mostly relaxing and doing not much of anything with the love of my life. Here are a few pictures from the trip:

I loved these peacocks! They just roamed the resort hanging out
(I think this one wanted to go shopping)


Our first experience eating escargot.....all gone! It was so good :)

My totally unfried calamari....wasn't expecting that but it was still delicious

Just one of the beautiful views

Us on our candlelight dinner with our cute heart decorated desserts

The beach :)

Our swim up river suite

Us being sad that we had to leave

No comments: