Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Dreams

God has been teaching me so much about dreams lately. And why wouldn't He? He is the author of dreams. I have seen so many BIG dreams come to fruition recently that it has made me realize that the only thing that holds us back from accomplishing great, amazing, impossible things is that we limit God by NOT dreaming. For the longest time, my dreams were wrapped up in the things of this world. I dreamed of a settled life and good job, a nice house, time and money to travel to exotic locations......and none of those are bad things, but God has since opened the eyes of my heart to bigger dreams, to crazy dreams, to dreams that will echo in eternity. He has taken my life and turned it upside down...and I love it. I love not knowing what 2008 will bring, not knowing what God will do, not knowing the exact direction my life is heading. I love that when God gives us a dream, HE provides for the fulfillment of that dream, even when it seems impossible, even in the face of naysayers, even in the most unlikely circumstances.

"
Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37:4

1 comment:

Katy said...

Tara, I hear you on the big dreams! I have all these dreams of what I want in the future... but those are MY dreams and maybe not what God wants for me. I always keep praying that I won't be disappointed in not receiving the dreams that I want... but rejoicing in knowing that whatever GOD wants is what will come about.

My mom has given us the scripture Jeremiah 29:11 since we were very little..I'm sure you know it. I tell myself that scripture all the time!

Love ya!
Katy