Sunday, November 9, 2008

randomness...take 2

Well, once again I have been tagged for randomness....this time by Janine and Nicole both of whom are doing some amazing work in Kenya so check out their blogs as well as the Nuru website! Since Janine always wants update on my life, I will try to keep these more recent than my last random post.

  1. My new favorite Starbucks treat is the Peppermint Mocha twist for a couple reasons: #1 It is very holiday-ish which I love #2 I actually hate coffee and for some reason Peppermint Mocha is the only coffee I can stand #3 it has fun whipped cream with some kind of pepperminty sprinkles.
  2. I feel a little like Napoleon Dynamite these days because "my lips hurt real bad." As the temperature has decreased and winds have increased in the fall to winter transition my lips have become so cracked and dry. Guess I should just ask the school nurse for some chapstick....I'm sure she has like 5 sticks in her drawer ;)
  3. I have been reading the gospels lately and have been noticing how much the word "immediately" is used, especially in the book of Mark. Still trying to flush out the significance of this but if you have any ideas or know about the word in the original language, please comment and share :)
  4. Man, my abs are sore today from running a 3 mile hill run yesterday -- that's how out of shape I am....but, working in getting back in shape and training for a half-marathon in January.
  5. Even though my birthday was 2 months ago, I still frequently forget how old I am. When people ask, I'm usually like, "26? Oh no, I mean 27!" Not sure how long it will take me to get used to being 27, but I'd say by that time I will probably be turning 28...
  6. I think I must be one of the clumsiest people in the world (and I'm pretty sure Jamie would agree)....An example: The other day I was running around the house so the puppy would chase me (don't ask, he likes to play) and somehow managed to slide across the kitchen floor and fall into our dining room table and chairs, meanwhile hurling into the air the ketchup and mustard I was holding. The end result was me laying in the floor crying (have no idea why) and Schroder whining because he thought I was hurt. I bet it would have been hilarious to watch. Hopefully it will be on my blooper reel ;)

I am not going to tag anyone else because I think everyone I know has already been tagged and I can see this vicious cycle of tagging and re-tagging continuing on for eternity.

I do have to give Janine props for inspiring me to use the colorful blog posts. Never even knew I could do that until I saw her "coat of many colors" blog ;)

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Tara,
Love your blog! Thanks for receiving my tagging. I know it was a nerdy thing to do, so thanks for humoring me. I love the last story- hilarious. I too am quite clumsy.

I appreciate your transparency in your blog- your heart really shines through. Thanks for writing; keep it up.

Thanks for following our work here w/ Nuru. You're so faithful and we appreciate that!

Janine said...

Hey Tara!!! Or should I call you Joseph?! :) haha. I love your hilarious ketchup and mustard hurling story (you knew I would) and I Pray to God it's on the blooper reel, and he plays it for me. (sorry for the tears tho)

My lips hurt real bad! hahaha
Immediately = get off your @#s right now - think that's literal ;) (just kidding)
Another half marathon...you're incredible

I love you! Thanks for doing randomness! Love that about you!

T@R@ said...

i do think it is literal in the case of saying that the disciples immediately dropped their nets and followed Jesus but mark uses immediately for everything! even the demons do things "immediately"....think it might reflect the sense of urgency he was writing with? maybe?