Friday, November 14, 2008

TGIF?

Fridays tend to be lonely for me as a Trooper’s wife. On the day that most people are having date nights, going out to dinner, going to the movies, etc. I am usually home alone studying. Adjusting to a schedule that coincides with Jamie’s has been a challenge, especially with the recent addition of Schroder to our lives. I am still working on whether to be productive during the day when Jamie isn’t working or to attempt to make myself nocturnal like my husband. I admit, I’m not sure what the balance should look like yet. It is a weird paradox because I often feel like I am still single as far as hang out time with friends, Friday and Saturday nights at home by myself, etc and yet I still don’t seem to be able to carve out much alone time for myself. I think it is because when Jamie is at work I have procrastinated studying and other things all day long so I feel like it is crunch time to get things done in the evenings.

I often daydream about what it would be like if Jamie and I both had “normal” schedules. I imagine how wonderful it would be for both of us to come home in the evenings and just spend time together instead of studying, working, going to a million meetings, or crashing from sheer exhaustion. But this is where God has us right now so instead of dreaming about what things could be like, we have to roll up our sleeves and work to make things mesh with our current schedules….easier said than done, but something that is worth working for. That’s the thing about marriage – it’s not a happy ending, but instead the beginning of a lot of hard work toward happiness and most of all, toward glorifying God together.

On that note….back to my Friday night of studying ;)

3 comments:

Janine said...

Hey girl! I love your heart. I am proud of your spirit to glorify God in all you do. Even scheduling your day! ;) He cares, he knows, and he's present. I love you xoxo.

Katy said...

Oh Friday night study nights... I actually gave in after 2 hours last night and ended up watching a movie and making silly videos with some girl friends down the hall I havn't spent time with in like 2 months. If i didn't go voluntarily they were going to drag me. HAHA! I kind of just needed a night though... it's been a long semester! It's almost over though!

I love your marriage. You guys are so cute! :-) I'm so happy for you! just keep working.. God will provide times together when you don't even realize it. :-)

Katy said...

p.s. you've been tagged.... HEHE!